Life is full of crossroads, and not all of them come with clear signposts. Sometimes what appears before me looks like a gift, yet deep down I can’t help but wonder: Is it what it is, or is it something else in disguise?
But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah knows, while you know not.
[Al-Baqarah: 216]
I’ve come to realize that we sometimes don’t know the true nature of something until we step away from it. We don’t know whether it was a blessing or a burden, until we let it go and feel how bad it ached. Letting go doesn't always mean losing, sometimes it simply means making room for what Allah has prepared.
Distance has a way of revealing what attachment conceals. What once felt impossible to leave behind may later become the very thing we thank Allah for removing. Perhaps that's why we're encouraged to pray istikharah. Not because it guarantees immediate clarity, but because it teaches us to entrust what we cannot see to the One who sees all.
So I find myself caught in this fragile space. Holding on just enough to see what unfolds, but also preparing my heart to let go if that’s what it takes to see things clearly. At the end of the day, I remind myself that not everything I desire is good for me, and not everything I fear is bad for me.
For now, I’ll keep walking with the question: is this a sign to let go, or is it a test calling me to persevere? May time, perspective, and trust in God uncover it.
[Update: I let it go. Allah knows best]
0 Comments