success by the One who sees

Yesterday, I had one of those random conversations. It was nothing serious but sometimes, all it takes is one small thing to awaken the questions we have been quietly carrying inside.

“Am I where I am supposed to be?”

I think one of the hardest battles we face is not always failure itself, but the feeling of being unseen.

Seeing other people move forward.
Seeing others receive things we are still waiting for.
Watching someone else’s journey unfold while we are still trying to understand our own.

And even when we are genuinely happy for them, we cannot deny that a small part of our heart may feel heavy. Not because we do not want them to succeed, but sometimes because their blessings remind us of the things we are still hoping for.

That day, I found myself questioning my own progress and my own worth. I appreciate what I have, but a small moment somehow became the final weight that made everything feel heavier. Perhaps that was Allah’s way of calling me back to Him.

Perhaps He allowed my heart to feel this emptiness because He wanted to remind me that my value was never meant to be measured by people’s recognition, achievements, or worldly standards.

Today, while reading the Quran, I suddenly felt tears coming from one particular verse. I wasn’t even sure why it touched me so deeply, but one word caught my attention: Muflihun. The successful ones.

So I went back and looked at the meaning of the verse. And suddenly, it felt like Allah was answering a question I had not even spoken out loud.

I love looking at the people whom the Quran describes as successful because success in the Quran is so much deeper than how the world defines it. The world often teaches us that success means having more.

More achievements.
More recognition.
More status.
More things to prove that we are enough.

But the Quran reminds us that true success is also about what happens inside our hearts.

Success is having a heart that remains sincere even when we feel unseen.
Success is being able to celebrate someone else’s blessings even when we are still waiting for our own.
Success is not allowing our struggles to make us bitter.
Success is when we continue choosing gratitude, kindness, and faith even when our hearts are tired.

Maybe today, Allah was reminding me that being overlooked by people does not mean being forgotten by Him.

People may not always see our struggles.
People may not always understand our journey.
People may not always recognise our efforts.

But Allah sees everything.

He sees the quiet battles.
He sees the prayers we never tell anyone about.
He sees the moments when we try our best even when we feel like we are falling short.

May Allah open doors that are good for us, not only those that bring worldly success, but those that bring peace to our hearts.
May He surround us with people who are gentle with our souls.
And may He teach us to measure our worth not by what we have achieved, but by how close we are to Him.

Thank you, Allah, for always bringing me back to gratitude.

Post a Comment

0 Comments